What is HomeBuilders?
The HomeBuilders Couples Series®is a small-group Bible study developed by FamilyLife® dedicated to making your family all that God intended. Whether you've been married for years or are newly married, this series will help you and your spouse discover timeless principles from God's Word that you can apply to your family.
HomeBuilders teaches biblical principles
- Reveals God's plan for marriage with numerous supporting scriptures
- Teaches more about living and enjoying the Christian life
- Emphasizes practical life applications of biblical principles
- Uses a biblical model for small groups
HomeBuilders is versitle and particle to use
- Offers a diverse selection of topics suitable for couples in any stage of marriage
- Requires a short-term commitment of 4 to 8 weeks and needs no written preparation from group members
- Requires a "facilitator", not an expert Bible teacher, and minimal preparation to lead a group
- Encourages completion of a weekly "HomeBuilders Project", a one hour fun activity and conversation, for couples outside of the group
HomeBuilders encourages and strengthens families
- Spurs conversation between husband and wife
- Provides encouragement and accountability between couples and group participants
- Increases awareness of and participation in further marriage enrichment opportunities
Each HomeBuilders study is presented in a systematic format that includes:
· Warm-Up (15 minutes)
Fun exercises begin each group session that will help you get to know each other.
· Blueprints (60 minutes)
This is the heart of the study. It draws couples to God's Word as they answer relevant questions with their spouse, with a few others, or within the entire group.
· Wrap-Up (15 minutes)
Couples will wind down each session with an opportunity to personally apply what they have learned.
· HomeBuilders Project (60 minutes)
This is the unique application step of each HomeBuilders study. Before departing couples are encouraged to "Make a Date" to complete this project before the next meeting.
View a sample HomeBuilders study
The Keeping Your Covenant study contains four sessions sampled from the most popular HomeBuilders books—Building Your Marriage, Improving Communication in Your Marriage, Building Your Mate's Self-Esteem and Growing Together in Christ.
FamilyLife® is the global, non-profit leader in marriage conferences having reached more than 2 million people through various FamilyLife conferences since the organization’s inception. Co-founded in 1976 by Dennis and Barbara Rainey, FamilyLife’s mission is to change the world one home at a time by building healthier marriages and families through the practical application of time-tested techniques and teachings based on biblical principles.